FOOD CHEMISTRY QUALITY CONTROL MATERIALS
Surplus test materials from the batch used for a proficiency test (PT) may be available for purchase as quality control (QC) samples and represent an economical tool for staff training and appraisal and assessing method performance. Combining their use with participation in FAPAS PTs provides good evidence of internal and external quality control assessment, which may be required by accreditation bodies. FAPAS quality control test materials are real food matrices with one or more properties that have been sufficiently well established from the results of laboratories participating in PTs to be used by laboratories as quality control materials. The values have been derived as a consensus of a number of laboratories using a variety of methods. The satisfactory range indicates the range between which results would have been awarded a satisfactory z-score in the proficiency test. The satisfactory range is set as a range that is considered fit for purpose and reflects the expected interlaboratory reproducibility.
To order your Fapas QC materials, follow the steps below:
- If you do not have a Fapas account, e-mail us at email@example.com
- If you are an existing Fapas customer,CLICK HERE for an updated list of food allergen QC materials currently available through BioFront
- Identify the Fapas product number(s) of interest
- Call (850-727-8107) or e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide us with the following information: product #(s), quantity, company name, shipping address
- We will help walk you through every step of the process, including customs clearence where necessary